Monday, May 10, 2010

Kir is embarrassed for

...anyone who has ever taken a picture of him/herself using a bathroom mirror, then actually treated it like a valid photograph by posting it anywhere on the interwebs in an attempt to appear particularly sexual. I have to bite the bullet just to take a self-portrait of any sort in the first place, not that it's ever stopped me from plastering it all over my blog or spacebook.

For women, this is always right after they have finished the Get Ready Process. So they're right there in under the hood anyway, at the vanity where the transformation went down. They can't be bothered to find a better place for this photo op...so their shower and toilet are in the background. Their soap and hair spray in front of them on the bathroom sink. It is clear that they, without a doubt, think that this is the picture that will give them everything they want in life.

Guess what: we can all put on a shirt and stretch it over our butt cheeks into "dress" status. We can also bend over just a little bit. We can all get a tan and we can all take a picture. But only the best and the brightest can make fun of it in a blog.

Exclusions to those deserving the official seal of lameness are:

People who do this and the camera doesn't show in the image and/or they don't look like porn stars
People who send smutty things to siginificant others that MAY have a career that keeps them on the road
Andy Samberg, because he's a deity and would only be doing it to make fun of hoochies.
Andy Samberg, because if he were taking a shirtless, brooding picture of himself, would be doing the world a favor. Even if shirtless brooding Andy would still make me laugh out loud.

6 comments:

Marianne & Clayton said...

Oh, but how sad would we both be if the said collective wised and/or classed up and stopped such practices? Very is the answer.

Amanda said...

I totally agree! I was just getting mad at my 17 year old sister-in-law about posing in the bathroom. She would literally sit on the toliet to take the picures lol!

Wendolyn said...

OMG!! I was just having a conversation about this the other day! I was wondering why people thought that this was a good shot of themselves? Why do they not think of the things that are going to be in the picture? Guys do this as well. I mean, I remember seeing a picture where the guy had just peed in the toilet and then took a bathroom pic! How gross is that? Anyway, you and I are pretty much always on the same page :)

Garn said...

Changing my facebook as we speak Kir!! I even had the one where the camera was looking down on my!!!

Natalie said...

I was just thinking about this the other day! A person I know constantly does this and then posts them as their profile picture on Facebook. I don't think they realize that this is not at all sexy, but looks more like they are constipated!

Becca said...

I Love SNL!