This post isn't going to as eloquently written as normal. Why? Because W is writing it! If you are a long time reader, you know that Kir will do her "Favorite things about___." She did one for me for my birthday and then she had a birthday a few months after mine. I got to thinking that she isn't and can't really post a "Favorite things" about herself, so how will she ever get to hear all these wonderful things that other people have been able to hear about themselves? I decided I would do one for her, so here it is;
1. Kir is the most eloquent writer I know. Far better than any of the textbooks I've been reading for the past 8 years. She has a way to turn the most mundane activity into something that keeps you at the edge of your seat. I can never get enough of her writing.
2. She is one of the friendliest people I know. She will talk to anyone about anything and be genuinely interested in what that person has to say. When you look at her, you'd think she was a stuck up snob, but she is the complete opposite right from the first time you meet her. She doesn't need to warm up to you or evaluate you, she gives you her time and attention from the get go.
3. Not many of you know this, but Kir is the first female in her family to finish college. She obtained a Bachelor's degree in Mass Communications. She has overcome much in her past and she is definitely a success story.
4. When Kir is in love, she gives all of herself to that person. You can tell how she would write about Jed. She is fully devoted and ENTIRELY in love. Its very refreshing to see that despite what she's been through (Starter Husband, etc.), she is still able to do that.
5. Kir is freakin hilarious!!!! She says the funniest, raunchiest, uninhibited things in the funniest, most eloquent ways. The best things come out when she doesn't like something or is disgusted with someone. It makes you want to stop calling people "idiots" because after hearing Kir, "idiot" doesn't do that person justice.
6. One time, I called Kir after a doctor's appointment because I was so irked by a lady in the waiting room sitting next to me. I was clearly, fully immersed in my Marie Claire (or whatever it was, so I someone didn't start talking to me because I looked bored) and this lady interrupted the awesome article I was reading in National Geographic, whoops, I mean Marie Claire, and started talking to me. I was polite acknowledged her and went back to my reading and guess what? She starts bugging me AGAIN!! I was telling Kir how this lady OBVIOUSLY doesn't know the social norms of sitting in the doctor's waiting room. Then, she started laughing and said SHE did that too! SHE was always THAT lady!!! We had a good laugh about it. Kir doesn't get offended very easily and she is able to laugh at herself. Oh, and she still talks to people in waiting rooms. :)
7. Kir loves to hang out with friends and go places and have fun. She is always doing something fun. But, if you call her and you want to just hang around and intrude on her space because you don't want to go home yet or you just need some girl time, she's cool with that too! Also, if you're bored and you want to hang out, if you call and she's not at work or otherwise obligated, she'll say all excited "Sure!! Yay! I'm excited now!" No joke. She's awesome.
8. I went through a rough break up a long time ago and guess who was there to dissect, analyze and condemn my then ex, now husband? Kir of course!! But I'm not an easy friend. I would talk for HOURS! Seriously! And we would usually go out to eat so we would sit there for 2 or 3 hours, then we would go in her car and talk some more!! She's the best person to talk to.
9. Kir is a do-good-er. She volunteers with teenagers, helping them be awesome kids, not get in trouble, having fun, and learning how to be awesome. Everybody knows about the puppysitting she does for the great CCI organization, and when she had more time, she also volunteered at the animal shelter. We need more people like this in the world.
10. Kir gives us all this wonderful blog to read and experience things through here eyes. Its fun to read her experiences. Especially those of us that have things like kids taking EVERY second of our time, day in and day out, never getting a break and IF you actually get a break, you're thinking about them, so its not truly a break..... Sorry. Anyway, all I mean to say is its a good read :)
One thing that Kir won't say herself is that she LOVES comments! She LOVES people following her blog. Don't feel like a creeper or anything. Comment, put in your two cents, she loves it no matter if she knows you personally or not!! So, kinda going off that, here is my list of Favorite Things About Kirsten. What are your favorite things about Kirsten? It can be one ot two things, or a long list. Whatever you want. Thanks for reading! Remember to comment :)
1. Kir is the most eloquent writer I know. Far better than any of the textbooks I've been reading for the past 8 years. She has a way to turn the most mundane activity into something that keeps you at the edge of your seat. I can never get enough of her writing.
2. She is one of the friendliest people I know. She will talk to anyone about anything and be genuinely interested in what that person has to say. When you look at her, you'd think she was a stuck up snob, but she is the complete opposite right from the first time you meet her. She doesn't need to warm up to you or evaluate you, she gives you her time and attention from the get go.
3. Not many of you know this, but Kir is the first female in her family to finish college. She obtained a Bachelor's degree in Mass Communications. She has overcome much in her past and she is definitely a success story.
4. When Kir is in love, she gives all of herself to that person. You can tell how she would write about Jed. She is fully devoted and ENTIRELY in love. Its very refreshing to see that despite what she's been through (Starter Husband, etc.), she is still able to do that.
5. Kir is freakin hilarious!!!! She says the funniest, raunchiest, uninhibited things in the funniest, most eloquent ways. The best things come out when she doesn't like something or is disgusted with someone. It makes you want to stop calling people "idiots" because after hearing Kir, "idiot" doesn't do that person justice.
6. One time, I called Kir after a doctor's appointment because I was so irked by a lady in the waiting room sitting next to me. I was clearly, fully immersed in my Marie Claire (or whatever it was, so I someone didn't start talking to me because I looked bored) and this lady interrupted the awesome article I was reading in National Geographic, whoops, I mean Marie Claire, and started talking to me. I was polite acknowledged her and went back to my reading and guess what? She starts bugging me AGAIN!! I was telling Kir how this lady OBVIOUSLY doesn't know the social norms of sitting in the doctor's waiting room. Then, she started laughing and said SHE did that too! SHE was always THAT lady!!! We had a good laugh about it. Kir doesn't get offended very easily and she is able to laugh at herself. Oh, and she still talks to people in waiting rooms. :)
7. Kir loves to hang out with friends and go places and have fun. She is always doing something fun. But, if you call her and you want to just hang around and intrude on her space because you don't want to go home yet or you just need some girl time, she's cool with that too! Also, if you're bored and you want to hang out, if you call and she's not at work or otherwise obligated, she'll say all excited "Sure!! Yay! I'm excited now!" No joke. She's awesome.
8. I went through a rough break up a long time ago and guess who was there to dissect, analyze and condemn my then ex, now husband? Kir of course!! But I'm not an easy friend. I would talk for HOURS! Seriously! And we would usually go out to eat so we would sit there for 2 or 3 hours, then we would go in her car and talk some more!! She's the best person to talk to.
9. Kir is a do-good-er. She volunteers with teenagers, helping them be awesome kids, not get in trouble, having fun, and learning how to be awesome. Everybody knows about the puppysitting she does for the great CCI organization, and when she had more time, she also volunteered at the animal shelter. We need more people like this in the world.
10. Kir gives us all this wonderful blog to read and experience things through here eyes. Its fun to read her experiences. Especially those of us that have things like kids taking EVERY second of our time, day in and day out, never getting a break and IF you actually get a break, you're thinking about them, so its not truly a break..... Sorry. Anyway, all I mean to say is its a good read :)
One thing that Kir won't say herself is that she LOVES comments! She LOVES people following her blog. Don't feel like a creeper or anything. Comment, put in your two cents, she loves it no matter if she knows you personally or not!! So, kinda going off that, here is my list of Favorite Things About Kirsten. What are your favorite things about Kirsten? It can be one ot two things, or a long list. Whatever you want. Thanks for reading! Remember to comment :)
15 comments:
Kirsten's writing certainly grabs a reader with its eloquence and never lets go. Whether the writing evokes joy or pain, happiness or sorrow, or fear or confidence, it's got you! Thanks for posting this ::W:: And thanks Kir for staying true to yourself.
Well I'll comment on this one!!! My favorite was the one about me being right there to analyze and condemn the ex (now husband). Sorry Rick.
W you are the BEST!!! I am so flattered and humbled. And all the stuff you said in there that is way too nice, just makes me want to be that way to make it true. :)
I loved this post!!! So funny about the National Geographic, I mean Marie Claire. Haha. I love reading Kir's blog. So witty and always a great read!!!
I too think Kirsten is a phenomenal writer and wish I knew her in person, although her skinny gorgeous self would be a bit intimidating :) So happy she has found someone who can love her the way she deserves to be loved. Keep writing, the rest of us love it!
My two favorites:
1. The first time we actually met in person and somehow you got me to tell you my life story. And you were really listening and honestly sad about some of my stories. You weren't faking it. In my head I'm thinking, "Shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't she be the one talking right now?" So open to loving. Amazing.
2. In the midst of a breakupish time, you hate the boy with me. And when I'm done hating him, you do too. You support my buying lingerie. You're the perfect girlfriend (to a girl I mean. Probably to Jesse too).
As a commenter who doesn't know Kir personally, I LOVE that she LOVES our comments! I've been personally acknowledged on a few occasions, and she's even visited my little blog AND COMMENTED SO I KNEW SHE'D BEEN THERE. I felt so famous, even though my story isn't too compelling and my blog is mostly pictures of my little boys. I love that she has learned to love again, in spite of such ghastly sorrow in her recent past. I love her love of words, and her ultra-freakishly-fabulous usage of them. It's easy to tell that she's not a snob, even though she's so thin and gorgeous that she probably should be. Love that! In fact, I think I pretty much just love Kirsten, even though we've never met.
Thanks, W, for writing such a loving tribute and letting us play along!
I found your blog through another blog over a year ago.
I've never commented here before, since you don't know me... but I'm commenting now :).
I think you are just the cutest and I love your blog. Thank you for sharing your life and I wish nothing but happiness for you!
Kir is one of those girls the rest of us just want to dislike (because she's perfection in every way possible), but you can't help but love her. No dislike here! Just love! So glad you are my friend. So glad someone else wrote all the wonderful things about you. Its time you got acknowledged for your awesomeness!
You're awesome, Kir. I've written and deleted about a million different things, and that's what they all boil down to. I've followed you since Starter Husband, and your writing is awesome. I miss Jed with you, and am so totally happy he led you to Jesse. It totally makes my day when I open Reader and find that you've posted.
What a great post.
I have nebver met Kir in "real" life. I have spoken with her many times over the past 16 months or so through this blog and facebook. I count myself lucky to know I can email her or facebook her about anything and she will always write back and with much enthusiasm(sp?)
I adore Kir and I adore Jesse and I adore them together. I couldn't imagine them with anybody but each other.
Kir you are an amazing woman and I find strength in your writing everyday!
Kir - did you pose as someone else and write this post about yourself? I think you might have. That is a really good idea and I think I will do that on my blog too.
xoxo
Mush
I love reading Kir's blog as well. Although she doesn't know me, I feel like I know her. I have been reading her blog for a little over a year. She makes me laugh and cry. I love how candid she is. She is such a cute and talented writer. Hey Kir, write a book, I would buy it ;)
I am so glad she is dating again. Her posts about Jed made me cry. She has endured so much pain. I love to see her happy again.
Keep writing Kir! You are uber fabulous!
I am just glad I am not the only one who talks to people in waiting rooms, I also talk to people in line at the grocery store and I try and have real life conversations with the people I call for technical support or to buy things from over the phone. My kids always laugh at me because I am forever helping people find things in the store or just talking to random strangers wherever we go. Good to know I am not alone
Pooh and Jo, yes she does seem intimidating and looks like she should be a stuck up snob. But she is quite the opposite. She's a nerdy ugly girl "stuck" (boohoo) in a gorgeous exterior shell. :)
Kir, love you!
Kirsten is unabashedly convicted. This causes her to be one of the most genuine people I've ever met, and that genuineness causes her to be infectious in the best of ways. It is a pleasure to know you Kirsten.
Post a Comment