Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh, and other funny stuff

On new years, I was texting to my cute male acquaintance, the really tight end, that he'd been quite a relief. Comic, moral, what have you.

*A little background on this one: we dated in the past, years and years ago. Like eight years ago. After which his Yellow personality had clashed so much with my Blue personality that we could not date, but merely remain dear friends (um, maybe with benefits). He knew to back off when I was dating The Starter Husband, and didn't take offense when I completely blacked out communication throughout my 3-year marriage. The tight end is very patient. And way too damn Yellow.*

His response to my gratitude was "Well then thank God for ex boyfriends."

Now, I don't think of him as an ex-boyfriend.

I think of him as a guy I know very well and had once dated. It just seems like there's a difference. I texted back that I don't like the word "ex." It's so harsh. Remember, I prefer the word Starter to precede the word husband. I said that maybe "old boyfriend" made more sense, or even, to quote The Company Bitch, "Reboyfriend." It was settled. God love The Company Bitch.

To be clear, reboyfriend is not a boyfriend at all. But I love the word so much, especially since it was so hilariously used in the Company Bitch's blog, I'm letting it stick.
Reboyfriend comes back into town next week. Maybe I'll take pictures and post them at that time. Want one for now? Well, OK.


I spent much of last weekend earnestly trying to convince my aunt Jenni that I do not like him Like That. Because I don't. Being married to someone who fit like a glove, for three years, highlights the gaping differences between me and all others everywhere forever, as well as their flaws, and flaws of my own that I couldn't expect anyone to handle as well as Starter Husband did. I realize that cheating on me isn't the epitome of handling my shortcomings very well, but I'm fully aware that the cheating wasn't about me. Judge rules: handled well. I mean, do you really think he cheated on me because I was too needy when sick? He ate that shit up! Come on! 

Anyway, reboyfriend is not a replacement, or a rebound. Or a reboyfriend.

He's just adorable. And despite many urges, does not read this damn blog, and can be talked about on here with abandon without him ever finding out. Sucka!

Time for Sawadee with the girls. Out!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Hmmm, darling post, and interesting that you felt the need to explain him.

Natelli Johnston said...

tight end is cute! you guys look really adorable. starter husband is a much better term than ex!

Drake Family said...

Aww...I love Jed...and you 2 together. So I have read through some of your new blog and yes, I think we need to talk.