Sunday, January 11, 2009

Quote board: Me, unfortunately.

Since I was outed anyway on one of the good ole girls' blogs, I figured I'd celebrate my blonde moment here with y'all too.

[During our Jackson Hole trip, at the Jackson Fire Department's "Firemen's Ball" fundraiser, which I just call the FIREBALL, standing in front of probably the fifth of dozens of firemen I *encountered that evening].

Me: For a second I started to think they were all named JED!

Just like all the firemen in New York City have a gold NYFD pin on their collars, all the firemen in Jackson have a JFD pin on their collars for Jackson Fire Department. 

I had not had a drop of alcohol.

Duh.



Sorry, Kristin. Nobody likes a closeup of themselves, but you took one for the team today. Thank you, dear friend.

I mean, at least you can read.

*this time when I say "encountered," it really did just mean "encounter." I was on my best behavior on that trip. At these very moments, however, the then-Husband was having his own fun. Who knew? I should have really encountered some of these guys. Every man in Jackson had a beard and a mountain man/hemp beanie and a bike (in winter, in Wyoming). Why, oh why, am I not a whore? 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

OMG! Even though I outted you, you are absolutely right. I'm too short to even see the pin JFD, but up close it is totally JED.

Anonymous said...

So THAT's the secret!! Where can I get one of those pins?! Now I will be able to walk up to any hottie McHot and with impunity!